The Ultimate Slim Calm Sexy Yoga Asanas
Hey women out there! Are you listening? You would always have been in search for some form of exercise that would help you look fab, outside and from within, at the same time eases your stress levels and puts you at ease? Wrap up your quest as I have the answer for you! Yoga! Wait, I am not talking about Shiv Rea yoga here! This is something different! Read to know what I am talking about!
Yoga is one of the most fabulous low impact aerobic exercises that can nourish you in a wholesome way. It is one of the best bets for a fitness forms that will keep you slim, calm, and sexy. There are numerous poses that will help you transform and achieve this goal of yours. Here are my top 5suggestions that have transformed me… Read on!
The 5 Simple Yoga Poses For A Slim Calm Sexy You
1. Uttanasna – Standing Forward Bending Pose
An incredible stretching asana, it tones your thighs, calves, and glutes. The abdomen also gets a good massage, promoting the circulation levels, and enabling better elimination of toxins.
- Stretches and slims down calves, hamstrings, and hips
- Strengthens and tones thighs and knees
- Stronger, supple, and flexible spine
- Calms your mind and puts you at ease
- Eases tension on your back
- Stimulates and massages abdominal muscles, improving digestive fire
- Stimulates liver, spleen, and kidneys
- Gives you a glowing face and thicker hair
How to do:
- Stand straight on the mat with spine erect, feet separated, hands resting along the body, knee caps pulled up and navel drawn in.
- Inhale deeply and lift your hands, aligned with ears, above your head.
- Exhale and bend forward from the hips, letting your fingertips rest on either side of the feet on the mat. Let the head come closer to the knees.
- Hold the pose, breathing deeply, for 5 deep breaths, deepening the bend with each exhalation.
- Keep your navel sucked in completely, knee caps and thighs active.
- Inhale, come up, and relax.
2. Chakrasana – Wheel Pose:
This is also called Urdha Dhanurasana [Upward facing bow pose]. This is a whole body toning exercise that works on your core, thighs, claves, hips, backs, arms, and butts. Plus, being an inversion, it calms you down and puts you at peace.
- Prevents premature ageing
- Boosts your circulation levels
- Calms you down and eases anxiety and stress
- Strengthens and tones legs, butts, hips, abdomen, back, and arms
How to do:
- Lie down on your mat on your back.
- Bend your knees, making a perpendicular with the mat, and bring your heels close to your butts.
- Keep the feet separated at hip distance.
- Place your hands aligned at the shoulders, fingers facing your heels.
- Taking a deep inhalation, lift your hips off the ground, keeping the navel tucked in.
- Squeeze in your butts and glutes and keep pushing the hips up as high as possible.
- Lift your head simultaneously.
- Hold the pose, breathing deeply, for 10 deep breaths.
- Exhaling, release slowly, stretch your legs out and relax.
3. Sarvangasana – Shoulder Stand Pose
Known as the elixir of the youth pose, it is a complete body and soul nourishing yoga asana. The blood surges into the digestive system and brain, thereby ensuring that you slim, sexy, and calm.
- A good tonic for your digestive, respiratory, and circulatory systems
- Invigorates thyroid glands
- Averts sexual disorders
- Eases stress, anxiety, and depression
- Improves concentration and brain power
- Bestows you with a glowing skin and thick, long tresses
How to do:
- Lie on the mat on your back. Place your hands on either side of your body.
- Inhale and exhale deeply.
- Taking a deep inhalation, bend your knees to the abdomen.
- Pressing the palms firmly on the floor and inhaling again, lift your waist up while pushing the legs in such a way that they make a perpendicular to the mat.
- Support your waist with the palms, while elbows rest on the mat.
- Balance your body on the shoulder blades.
- Hold the pose for 5 deep breaths.
- Exhale, bend the knees, and release the body, vertebra by vertebra.
- Stretch out the legs and relax.
4. Eka Pada Rajakapotasana – One Legged King Pigeon Pose
Your search for a whole body and soul nourishing yoga pose can now end here. This one is a little tough, but the benefits are so tempting that you will definitely want to try this once…
- Elongates, tones, and strengthens spine, bestowing more suppleness and flexibility
- Excellent stretch for your hands, back, thighs, butts, and glutes
- Activates thymus gland
- Improves blood circulation
- Stimulates and activates digestive system
- Dissolves stress and calms you down
- Makes you more beautiful, physically and psychologically
How to do:
- Sit on the yoga mat with your knees bent, butts resting on your heels, palms resting on knees.
- Keeping the spine straight.
- Inhale and as you exhale, spread your knees a little wider than hips and kneel down.
- Inhale and lift your chest and chin up, tilting the he head backward.
- Bend the right leg knee in front of you, heels coming closer to left hips.
- Exhale and push your left leg back and straight, toes resting on the mat.
- Balance the weight of your body in the centre.
- Bend your left leg at knee and bring it closer to your head.
- Lift your hands up and hold the toes of the left leg.
- Close your eyes and hold the pose for 5 deep breaths, deepening the backbend with each exhalation.
- Release and relax in the initial position.
5. Anulom Vilom Pranayama – Nadi Shodana – Alternate Nostril Breathing
Breathing the right way is essential to ensure that you stay slim, clam, and sexy! And, alternate nostril breathing is the best way to eliminate toxins, purify your blood, promote circulation, and put you at ease. Plus, it will help you let the slim in!
- Curbs your stress levels and helps you overcome anxiety and uneasiness
- Improves concentration, resoluteness, and patience
- Improves circulation
- Helps in weight loss
- Improves positive thinking
- Relaxes your body and mind
- Bestows you with a good sleep, healthy skin and tresses
How to do:
- Sit in a cross legged position of your choice. Just ensure that your spine is erect.
- Place your left hand on your knees, fingers folded into Gyan mudra.
- Lift your right hand, shaping the fingers into Pranayama mudra [Small finger pointing out, ring finger to close the left nostril, middle and index fingers bent inward, and thumb to close the right nostril].
- Close your right nostril with thumb and exhale completely via the left nostril.
- Inhale through your left nostril and close it with your ring finger.
- Open the right nostril and exhale completely.
- Inhale through the right, close the right, open the left, and exhale through the left.
This makes one repetition. Do 25 such repetitions to complete one cycle. Do 3 such cycles.
Yoga is the best gift you can give yourself. It is a wholesome treat that has nothing, but pure goodness in it. Start practicing this slim calm sexy yoga poses today and just be patient for 4 to 8 weeks to see the difference it gifts you!
So when are you starting your practice?