Halloween isn’t just a fun for kids. In fact, it’s a holiday for everyone! You can gather your adult friends and utilize incredible ideas available online. The best part about this grand occasion is that, we don’t need to decide upon the theme of a party. It’s just because Halloween is already a ghoulish theme that comes with its own vibrant color scheme- orange and black, with dark and scary environment and hauntingly versatile dress code.
Trick or Treat- A Customary Celebration for Kids on Halloween:
This is the most important and fun tradition which children love to celebrate on Halloween. Children disguise in different kinds of wicked costumes and enjoy going from door to door for candies, coins or food. They usually ask the same question, “Trick or Treat”. Here, the word ‘trick’ means ‘warning’ or some sort of threat to carry out some naughtiness with the property and things of the homeowners, if money or candies are not given.
In Ireland and Scotland, this most popular Halloween tradition is known as ‘guising’. Some kids dress-up like wicked witches, cruel butchers, dreadful monsters, scary zombies and haunted ghosts to frighten people around them. While, some would like to hold a variety of props to join in the celebrations, for example: a broom, pumpkin’s head, witch’ hat, some scary masques and much more. So, this story tells us that the invention of Halloween has truly brought a wave of excitement and extra-ordinary fun in our lives.
More Trick or Treat Photos
Halloween Trick or Treat Photo #2
What’s the Main Purpose of Halloween?
In reality, Halloween isn’t all about fun and gathering tons of candies and playing tremendous tricks on others. The word ‘Halloween’ is actually derived from the Catholic Church. In recent eras, it was used to be known as ‘All Hallows Eve’ because some villagers believed that the people who had passed away the preceding year were to come back and possess the living for the upcoming year. But this concept was completely demolished in the 5th Century, when it was discovered that Halloween is nothing more than the Samhain- the Celtic New Year which was celebrated on October 31st.
Some of the villagers used to extinguish the fires in their homes, so that that their homes would remain cold and an undesirable place for haunted spirits to enter or stay in. They introduced number of ideas and ways so that they wouldn’t become possessed by those spirits. In later years of history, Americans, Romans and Europeans adopted many of the Celtic customs and practices as their own, and so as the Halloween.
Hauntingly Smart Halloween Party Ideas:
Halloween parties are truly an exciting and most cheerful way to celebrate the 31st of October. It’s the best time to unlock your imaginations and creative ideas that pop-up every day in your mind. As Halloween is just around the corner, you really need to start brooding over the fun themes, captivating decorations, lip-smacking food, creepy-cool costumes and much more………..
If you’re seriously thinking to throw an unforgettable Halloween party and are fresh out of ideas, then get started with our coolest and festive themes, tips and ideas to make your night one worth remembering. From adults to children, you’ll explore a bit of something for everyone. Enjoy reading!
Halloween Party Invitations:
Sending packaged invitations to your friends and relatives can seriously induce a wave of excitement in your party. You can either draw out the cards with the help of themed stationary or you can simply create them on your PC and make colorful prints. Explore some wickedly awesome ideas to design your invitation cards.
- Cut out the shape of a witch’s hat and write out your invitations with a silver or golden gel pen.
- Write all your party details- like food, theme, costumes, timings and more on the back or front of the card. This will look very appealing!
- Try deliver small pumpkins or stuff related to the theme with the card. This idea is incredibly motivating!
- You can also cut pumpkins, tombstones or anything you like out of the construction paper and write down the details on it.
Halloween Party Invitation Samples
image Credit: invitedesigns.com
Halloween Party Invitations #2
How to Set Hands on Devilish Decorations For Halloween
You won’t believe this, but it’s really very easy and hell fun to decorate your place for Halloween. Besides having orange candles, balloons, red and black streamers and paper tableware, there are tons of innovative themes you can go with. Here are some spookiest décor ideas for your party.
More Halloween Decorations
This theme is truly a hit! It is an amazing theme for both kids and adults and the possibilities of what to include here are nearly infinite. For Halloween celebrations, you can send out mummy wrap cards to your guests. Moreover, you can organize a mouth watering buffet- an eclectic mixture of Halloween dishes that will fuel your guests and make them happy too. Black, orange and green cushion covers and table cloth will provide your party a fantastic monster theme. You can even utilize science beakers as a drink holder and play spooky Halloween music in the background and make your atmosphere wickedly awesome.
Twilight Party Theme:
Twilight can truly provide your party a blood-thirsty theme and can amuse your Twilight-loving friends in a great way. Let’s find out the basic elements required to accomplish this unique theme.
- Red or blood-colored cocktails, drinks and favors.
- You can place several bowls of apple on your side tables.
- Lip smacking Italian food- the heart of Twilight theme.
- Lighting is another important aspect. Red and white candles and twinkle lights will superbly compliment your entire theme.
- Quotes written on the red or black construction paper from the movie or book will make your theme more appealing.
- Place as many vases you can and fill them with small apples, and floating candles. Even, you can décor your vases and pots with black and red satin ribbons and sparkly stickers and what not.
More easy-to-pick party décor ideas:
Other creative and eye-catching party themes include Harry Potter theme, Halloween Spider theme, Witch Party theme, Crazy Butcher theme, Clawing Zombies theme, Ghost Yard theme and much more.
Top 5 Home-made Inexpensive Party Ideas:
If you have a tight budget these days, then here are some most innovative, simple and cheap ideas that will make your party look frightening and creepy-cool.
- You can create floating ghosts right at your home. You just need to cut ghost figure out of tissue paper and punch a small hole at the top. You can hang that scary ghost with white thread anywhere you want.
- You can place brooms at every corner of your house, with witch’s hands placed on them. You can cut the irregular and scary shapes of a witch’s hands out of the black construction paper and stick them with the help of a glue or tape.
- Collect around 10 to 15 transparent plastic bottles and mix ample of orange paint with water in a big container, until a bright orange color appears. Once the mixture is ready, you can pour that into the bottles and make different kinds of scary faces on them. Décor their lids with colorful ribbons and place them on the every table in your house.
- Here is one more amazing idea! You can use glue on a wax paper and draw the pattern of a web. Allow it to dry sufficiently! Once, it’s done, cut it out and put lots of silver glitter over it. Your beautiful spider web is ready and you can place it on your walls or hang it from the ceilings.
- Utilize glass jars as much as you can! Fill a round-shaped and big glass container with water and cranberry juice. Place a white latex glove into the mixture and freeze it. It will look damn creepy when you will place it on your table.
Hauntingly Amazing Games and Activities:
It’s time to think about ghostly games that you want to play in your Halloween party. Here are some super cool ideas, so maybe your task just got a little simpler.
- You can start off with Pin the Spider on the Skeleton. This game is really a fun and extremely kid-friendly. You can create your own spider web and have great fun while pinning the small spider on the web. You can even use pumpkin mouth or mount on the bat.
- Play musical caps (you can use witch hats) in which guests will pass around the hats- quite similar to musical chairs.
- The Witch Hat Ring Toss is an excellent game for your kids Halloween party. It’s even simpler to make at home. Just take a flat wooden plate and stick around 5-6 circular cut-outs from black cardboard. Make long and pointed cones and stick on the cut-outs in the same manner. Take three to four small and colorful bangles and ask your kids to throw them over the cones. Provide the winners with pounds of candies and chocolates.
- Beside these fun ideas, you can also go with Costume context and Pumpkin decorating Context.
You can also create a Halloween Hand Goodie Bag for the winning kids. All you need is a plastic glove and a handful of goodies. Fill the glove with pounds of candies and tie it with a ribbon. If you are more artistic, you can even draw some faces or artwork on the gloves, so the kids will love to take them home. You can also prepare Paper Treat Bags for kids and adults as well. Place several gifts and goodies inside the bag and spread among your friends. And have a cheerful Halloween Bash this season!
Eerie Halloween Food Ideas:
Here are some scary and most astonishing food-related ideas that will make your Halloween Bash more fun and exciting.
- If budget is your first concern, then think first of beverages and food as they are the basic elements of a good party.
- Decide your tableware décor ideas bit earlier, to ensure all the things will be available before hand.
- Organize your table in an impressive way. If planning a buffet, then place your cutlery and napkins at the beginning of the line.
- If you’re planning to serve alcohol, then design a mini ‘bartender’ to hand out all the drinks. In this way, your guests will be less likely to consume the drinks.
Most mouth-watering food that you can serve to your guests include: Severed Finger Cookies. They are damn delicious! Halloween party punch, Candy corn cupcakes, Sweet Potato fries, Bat Cookies and so on are extensively cooked in most Halloween parties. The recipes of all these amazing dishes are available online. So, cheers!
All these chilling ideas, wicked Halloween edibles, ghostly games and activities are the most festive way to break the ice, especially when all of your guests are unfamiliar with each other. So, bring all these elements together in your upcoming Halloween Bash and make your celebrations more cohesive, more jovial and spookier. So, it’s time to Jazz up Friends!