If you are a fresh job seeker or an experienced one your job search should have a great head start and the ‘resume’ is the one.
The literal meaning of resume is ‘begin to do’ or ‘pursued’. Thus you can understand why the resume is sought out by the employers before calling you for an interview. Hence you must make a great resume to get the things in place and then make the way for the employment.
Resume serves as the summary of your educational and employment qualifications. It lets the employer to have quick yet precise understanding of your capabilities. It can also tell the employers about your skills, certifications and achievements that which can impress the employer before you meet them.
Writing a resume is not a typist or clerical job but an art. If you are registered with job portals, you might be receiving mailers from them that your resume would be prepared by their experts and thereby you can improve employment opportunities substantially. This resume writing service is not free and you must pay for it.
If you are willing to spend some meaningful time on rewriting your resume with your own hand, we are here to help you in accomplish the task. Take the advantage of the free tips on how to write impressive resumes and make one for you. Also, read through the sample resumes given in the last section of this article and feel free to use the template that you like most.
Section 1: Tips to write good resume
Consider the following points before you write a resume:
- Your resume should have reader-friendly fonts like Ariel or Calibri. Try to avoid other fonts.
- Type your name with font size 16, section headings in 14 and the rest of the content in 12. This offers a good reading experience.
- Bold the name and section headings.
- Give the complete postal address, phone numbers and email address. Ensure that the contact numbers are working and so the email id too.
- Provide alternative contact numbers. This helps the employer to contact you easily. At the time of calling you, for any unfortunate reason if your primary does not work, an alternative number would come handy.
- Resume should speak about your objectives, educational qualifications, professional experience with all the details, special skills, domain expertise, accomplishments, awards won, trainings acquired etc.
- You should give the details in a chronological order. Ideally you can start the chronology with the present job as it would be the recent promotion that you would have got.
- Ensure that the content that you write under section is succinct, informative and useful.
- Attach a cover letter that briefly outlines your career progression plans, achievements in the previous employment etc.
You can improvise the resume with additional inputs like your recent photograph, references etc. If you are attaching a photograph, ensure that it is in passport size and you are wearing formal dress. You can provide references on demand also but make a mention of it in the resume.
Section 2: Sample Resumes
Sample resumes for some of the popular jobs have been given here for your ready reference. There is no hard and fast rule that you must write the resume as specified in these formats.
Sample Resume for Engineer
123, Newton Town, Howell, MI 4567
Phone: 111 222 333 44, Alternate Phone: 123 345 1111
To become a best engineering professional and obtain excellence in creating engineering controls, testing, R&D and implementation of quality systems that benefit the organization. Seeking management position in a fast growing, people oriented, consumer focused company in the domains of civil, logistics, medical, retail and engineering consultancy where I can use my skills like project management, interpersonal relationships, vendor management etc.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
I have obtained engineering graduation in electrical and electronics and have done specialization in embedded systems. I have 10 years of experience in project management, testing, troubleshooting and R&D fields. My expertise lies in problem identification and resolution and the same have been appreciated by employers and customers. I have implemented innovative ideas at workplace that have saved $2,00,000 for the present organization.
Progressive Engineering Systems Inc. MI
Chief Engineer 2010 to present
- Devised and implemented ISO 9001 policies.
- Strengthened the overall engineering operations.
- Achieved 99.99% of uptime of the utility infrastructure.
- Improved the efficiency of plant and machinery and achieved savings in electrical and diesel consumptions.
Maintenance Engineer 2006 to 2010
- Managed the utility services like Electrical installations, DG sets, chiller plants etc.
- Managed a team of 15 technicians and supervised the shifts.
- Implemented several checklists, equipment history cards etc.
- Participated in periodical shutdown activities.
Superior Electrical Systems, MI
Trainee Engineer 2003 to 2006
- Maintenance of electrical panels, DG panels etc.
- Attending to the repairs and maintenance calls.
- Bachelor of Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
Michigan Manufacturing Technology Institute
- PG Diploma in Manufacturing Technology
Subex Six Sigma
- Certified in ISO internal auditing
- Certified in Six Sigma Black belt
Sample Resume for Marketing Executive
Phone: 111 222 3333/123 456 7899 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
I wish to excel in the field of marketing by aligning my skills and expertise with the corporate marketing strategy and play a crucial role in the overall business development. My skills in customer relation, product launching and strategic partnership can be utilized by the company that works in the fields of consumer goods, healthcare and cosmetics.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Management & Administration from St.StephenCollege, NY.
- Diploma in Material Management from St.StephenCollege, NY.
- Certified ISO Auditor
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Sony Inc. NY
Role: Senior Marketing Executive February 2008 to present
- Leading the team of 20 marketing executives and involved in marketing the electronic goods manufactured by Sony Worldwide.
- Responsible for ensuring the new product launches, dealer management, logistics coordination etc.
- Conducting periodical customer satisfactory & feedback surveys.
- Daily, monthly, quarterly and annual MIS reports submission.
Ronboxy Drugs Co. NY
Role: Sales & Marketing Executive December 2002 to February 2008
- Working as part of the highly professional team of marketing executives and involved in the sales and marketing of anti-aging pills.
- Responsible for conducting road shows and other product launch events, order booking, supply chain coordination, relationship management with doctors, medical stores etc.
- Daily, monthly, quarterly and annual MIS reports submission.
34, Convent Road
Driving License: Yes
References: Available on request