Freshly made from raw mangoes and spiced with red chili powder and asafetida, Mango pickle is a fabulous must try Vishu recipe.
- Raw mango – 2, peel roughly removed
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Sesame seed oil – 2 tsp
- Asafetida – a pinch
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
How to Cook
- Finely chop the roughly peeled mango.
- Transfer chopped mango into a mixing bowl or a bowl wherein you can shake and toss the mango pieces with spices.
- Sprinkle salt and add red chili powder to mango pieces and toss well to ensure even coating.
- Place a small frying pan on medium to high heat.
- Add sesame seed oil and heat to piping hot. Add mustard seeds and allow to splutter.
- Turn off and swish in a little asafetida. Pour the seasoning atop seasoned mangoes and toss well.
- Mango pickle is ready to be enjoyed.