Jackfruit is in season and is placed as a part of Vishu kani. Most of the time, the same fruit is used for preparing this delicacy.
- Semi-ripe jackfruit – 3 cups, cut into fine pieces
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Coconut – ½ cup grated
- Green chilies – 5 or according to taste
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
How to Cook
- Wash the jackfruit pieces to ensure that the stickiness does not exist.
- Add turmeric powder and about 1/3 cup of water. Add a little salt and pressure cook for 4 whistles. Once the pressure subsides, take out, and give a quick rough mash.
- Place on medium to high heat, adjusting the seasoning.
- Meanwhile, coarsely grind grated coconut with green chilies.
- Mix in ground coconut to the cooked jackfruit. Add curry leaves and sprinkle coconut oil. Let the mixture come to a boil and turn off the heat.
- Keep it covered until served. Reheat and serve.